Our CUSTOMERSTRUST US TO PROVIDE A GREAT LOCAL SHOPPING EXPERIENCE IN STORES AND ONLINE
Customers choose to shop at our local banners because they feel warmly welcomed and are delighted to find fresh, tasty products that are affordable, healthy and sustainable.
- More than20 Mcustomers served weekly in our stores around the world
- 125 Mpounds of waste diverted from landfills by Hannaford
Put customers first
Our customers trust us to provide a range of fresh, tasty, nutritious and affordable food products, available at their convenience, in stores and online. Fulfilling this Promise depends on managing a complex supply chain to consistently provide thousands of quality products at good value. This is critical to our success as a business. The Food Lion and Mega Image examples below show how we put customers first.
- Food Lion offers great value for our customers, every day
- Mega Image’s Red Team celebrates the customer
Learn to grow
We find innovative solutions and use them to benefit our customers. Testing new concepts and introducing new product categories allows us to understand our customers’ evolving needs and better meet their expectations. Technology-based solutions make the shopping experience more efficient and more pleasant. Our goal is to delight our customers when they shop at any of our Group stores.
- Delhaize Belgium “rescues” unusually shaped fruits and vegetables
- Food Lion’s new website bridges the gap between online and in-store shopping
Our customers want to know where their food is coming from. They want local produce when it is in season. They appreciate being able to buy food from local producers and being served by employees who live locally.
- Mega Image launches Gusturi romanesti concept stores
- Delhaize Serbia continues to roll-out Maxi’s unique value proposition
Drive profitable growth today and beyond
We are always looking to innovate and respond to new trends to ensure that our business remains profitable while we provide the best fresh products to our customers.
- Hannaford receives Grocery Stewardship Certification in 2015
- Portuguese products at Delhaize in Luxembourg meet the needs of the Portuguese community
Bringing supergood private brands to our customers
Part of delivering our Supergood strategy means providing the tastiest, healthiest and most sustainable private brands. Through our actions to meet our 2020 sustainability goals, we are making our food more nutritious by reducing salt, fat and sugar content; providing clear nutritional labelling; ensuring food safety; and aiming for private brands in 2020 that contain 100% sustainable seafood, palm oil, wood and paper, and are verified to come from suppliers who provide fair and decent working conditions. Being Supergood is also good business. When Delhaize Belgium did a BIO (organic) week campaign, offering a 20% discount on the entire BIO range, Delhaize Belgium saw an increase of around 30% in sales. In the U.S. our private brand range “Nature’s Place”continues to show strong sales growth.