Our communitiesTRUST US TO BE RESPONSIBLE NEIGHBORS
EVERYWHERE WE OPERATE, WE AIM TO SERVE OUR LOCAL COMMUNITIES BY BEING AN ATTRACTIVE EMPLOYER, ENGAGING LOCAL SUPPLIERS, RESPECTING THE ENVIRONMENT, REDUCING FOOD WASTE AND EMPOWERING HEALTHY AND SUSTAINABLE LIVING.
- More than81 Mmeals donated by Food Lion Feeds
- More than$ 400 000invested by the Hannaford Helps program
PUT CUSTOMERS FIRST
We work hard to plan locally at every step of the purchasing process for our customers. Our stores are staffed with associates from the local community and aim to reflect its culture and values. Engagement in our local communities is a key way by which we differentiate ourselves from our competitors.
- Food Lion Feeds
- Delhaize America associates mobilize to ensure customers have access to products they need – even in inclement weather
- Delhaize Serbia provides meals for children receiving cancer care as well as ones for their families too
LEARN TO GROW
We continuously strive to reduce the impact of our activities on the environment and to use innovation to meet our 2020 Supergood goals. We research, analyze and apply innovation to improve the nutritional value and sustainability of our private brands.
- Super Indo’s cooking oil used in bio-diesel production
- Delhaize Belgium continues to make progress in providing sustainable fish to customers
Being an integral part of our local communities is central to who we are as a company, and giving back is important for all of our stakeholders.
- Being Supergood by helping local communities
- Mega Image in Romania expands partnerships with local suppliers
- Delhaize Serbia develops Healthy Lunchboxes (SupeRučak) for children
DRIVE PROFITABLE GROWTH TODAY AND BEYOND
We invest locally. As neighborhoods evolve, we grow by investing in stores to meet the local community’s needs.
- Hannaford Helps
Delhaize Belgium supermarket receives eco award
A Delhaize Belgium supermarket in Liège won an award for architecture and eco-friendliness. Constructed using recycled and recyclable materials, the store has a green roof to help preserve biodiversity, good insulation and energy- and waterefficient systems, and makes extensive use of natural light.